October 29, 2016

Spudnik

Yesterday, I went hunting for dinner in my favorite venue.
I wait all year to find 'em.


Growing spuds is not like growing tomatoes or beans. You just never know what's going on under there. But this year, health and happiness prevails beneath the straw, because it is the third time in two weeks that I've pulled in a harvest like this.
And turned it into this..
Yesterday, I mashed 'em up skins on, added butter, chives, and yogurt and gave them to Himself so he could have all 730,000 calories of his annual caloric intake in one convenient meal.
That was fine with him.
But others just stared at their kibble in disbelief.






3 comments:

  1. they are just so a WONDER aren't they. I grew potatoes once, the
    fingerlings, Ruby somethings, and they were so Gratifying...running
    my hands through the soil to find them...
    thank you for this and thank you for Growing them and thank you
    for Eating them and well, Thank You

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not particularly crazy about eating them, I just like hunting them down. And you're quite welcome, anything else I can do to make you so happy????!

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha, you make growing spuds fun to watch and sexy to eat! the path to a man's heart is through hs stomache; now that I can no longer eat anything with gluten, I've come to appreciate all that i can eat so much more, like the glorious yet humble Potatoes!

    ReplyDelete